Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Learning to reply to an email.

On our Monday class in May we are learning how to reply and respond to an email for business. In this email we use English language in a formal way. That is, we write with correct spelling and we don't shorten the words. Usually you would do this only in a message to a friend, or an SMS phone message.

Here is what the students had to read first. This is a fictional email for the lesson today for English Class 2A  -  it's not real, it is for practice only.


Email from Margaret Hunter

Dear Student,

I am from the Health Clinic at Mooroolbark.I would like to visit your class. I want to give you some information about Rubella vaccinations.

Please let me know what dates would be suitable for my visit. I can come on the Thursday 19/5, Monday the 23/5 (morning)  or Wednesday afternoon the 18/5.

I will bring interpreters so please tell me what your language group is.

I also need to know how many students there are in your class.

I look forward to meeting you.

Thankyou,

Regards,

Margaret Hunter
Regional Health Consultant for migrants & Refugees
Mooroolbark Clinic for Healthy Living
Cardigan Rd
Mooroolbark,Vic 


Your exercise today is to answer the email.
REPLY TO  "Margaret" and answer the questions that she wants answered. 
YOU WILL NEED TO LOOK AT YOUR TIMETABLE.

  1. Thank her for the email.
  2. Give her a suitable date
  3. Give her information on all the language groups in the class.
  4. Tell her how many students there are in the class.
  5. Say that you are looking forward to her visit.

Click "reply" and write your response & send.

No comments:

Post a Comment